The Pathobiology Graduate Program offered by the Department of Veterinary Science and Microbiology will provide graduate students with an education that will result in knowledge of appropriate subject matter, communication skills, and methodological expertise that will help the student in their subsequent professional activities.
General Outcomes for All Majors
- Competence of basic knowledge in the disciplines of microbiology, pathobiology, immunology, animal health and infectious disease.
- Knowledge that is at the forefront of the student’s research field
- Proficiency in scientific inquiry, including: skills of critical thinking; the ability to formulate hypotheses and solve them; and the ability to analyze and interpret data
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- The ability to engage in self-initiated learning and discovery
- The ability to engage in self-criticism and self-evaluation
- The ability to work as part of a team to achieve these goals