Target Population: All majors
Participation Rate: 100%
GPA effectively measures the aptitude of all students majoring in Classics (Greek, Latin, and Classical Civilization emphases). It also helps us to track a student’s progress to degree to advise students on an individual basis.
- The ability to contribute to a culturally diverse global community.
- The ability to identify and discuss archaeological and literary milestones in their historical, cultural and artistic contexts.
- The ability to identify and discuss ways in which cultural and/or social behavior differs in the ancient world according to age, gender, ethnicity, socio-economic background, religion, and/or geographic region.
- The ability to identify and discuss some problematic aspects of the classical cultures in terms of their origins, development, and consequences.
- The ability to identify and discuss some influences of the classical cultures on other cultures around the world.
- A broad understanding of the cultural, literary, and linguistic influence of the ancient Mediterranean world both in its ancient context and in cultural traditions derived from Mediterranean antiquity.
- A language-learning environment, and other learning environments, in which all students are at approximately the same level in order to facilitate learning.
- Maintaining satisfactory progress to degree based on careful advising.
Findings available: May 2013