The University of Arizona BookStores operates from six store locations as well as Souvenir sales during athletic events and an e-commerce website. The flagship store is located at Student Union Memorial Center. Additional locations are at: McKale Center, Park Student Union, Arizona Health Sciences Center, The University of Arizona South and a second specialty store at Student Union Memorial Center.
The BookStores retail divisions include: Alltel, Clinique, Clothing, Computers/Software, Computer Repairs, Computer Site Licensing, E-Commerce, General Books, Gifts, Supplies, Textbooks,and Video Games/DVD/CD’s (new and used).
The BookStores offer a wide variety of programs and services beyond selling products. Book Scholarships are offered to all student employees, faculty and staff receive employee discounts and an Affiliate Membership Program offers discounts to non-university individuals designated by departments. Book programs including story time for children, book discussion groups for adults, and author signing/readings are offered each month. Musical entertainment is provided during the Friday noon hour when school is in session.
The University of Arizona BookStores use profits from product sales to replenish inventory and financially support all the above programming as well as supporting student organizations including ASUA (student government), selected faculty programs, and broad based campus programs which support the academic mission (i.e. Commencement, Faculty Speaker Series, Faculty/Student Interaction and Faculty Fellows.
- The BookStores will function as a completely self-financed auxiliary.
- Sufficient surplus revenue will be generated to enable financial support for a broad range of campus programs (e.g. ASUA, Commencement, Faculty Speaker Series, Faculty Student Interaction and Faculty Fellows.
Student Employee Outcomes
- Student employees will increase leadership skill levels.
- Students at the BookStores will perceive their employment as a valuable out-of-classroom experience.
Community Outreach Outcomes
- The Tucson Community will be offered BookStore sponsored activities and special events.
Customer Service Outcomes
- BookStore customers will leave the store or website with a high degree of satisfaction for services rendered.
- BookStore customers will be offered product selections that meet their expectations within ABOR guidelines.